Wednesday 17 October 2012

Welcome back, Mama Nigeria!




Patience Jonathan back in Abuja
 President Goodluck Jonathan with her wife,Patience on arrival in Abuja on Wednesday.
First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, returned to the country from Germany on Wednesday afternoon.
Mrs. Jonathan was hospitalized in the European country for several weeks, recuperating from an undisclosed ailment.
The first lady, whose arrival was confirmed by the News Agency of Nigeria, landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on a presidential jet at about 4 pm and was received by top government officials and other well-wishers.

Here is her speech to the media shortly after her return
“Thank God Almighty for bringing me back safely to Nigeria.
Wherever they are good people they are also bad ones. They
are few Nigerians that are saying whatever they like not what
God planned because God has a plan for all of us. And God has
said it all that when two or three are gathered in his name that he will be with them. And Nigerians gathered and prayed for me
and God listened and heard their prayers, so I thank God for
that,” she told journalists, supporters and friends who received
her at the airport. She however still did not disclose her medical condition though
admitted that she went through an ordeal. "At the same time I will use this opportunity to tell those few
ones that are saying that anybody that goes to villa or Aso Rock
will die. They mentioned Abacha, they mentioned Stella
Obasanjo, they mentioned Yar'Adua and other people. But
those people why didn't they mention those ones that went there
with their families and succeeded and they still came out alive. "We should remember that Aso Rock is the seat of power and
that is where God has ordained for we Nigerians that our
leaders should rule from and to rule us right. God is wonderful
and his infinite mercy endures. "At the same time, I read in the media where they said I was in
the hospital. God almighty knows I have never been to that
hospital, I don't even know the hospital they mentioned. "I have to explain what God has done for me. I do not have
terminal illness, neither did I do any cosmetic surgery, talk more
or less of tommy tuck. My husband loves me as I am and I am
pleased with how God created me I cannot add anything. "But at the same time, I will use this opportunity to thank my
beloved husband and my children and my staff in general and all
Nigerians for standing by me during my trial time. "God has given be a second chance to come and work with
women of Nigeria, children and the less privileged. I have come
to serve Nigeria, I have come to work with Nigerians, I am there
for them. Once more I am pleased to be back. I love Nigerians
they are my family," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment